Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ecuador, then Bolivia, then Ecuador


The plan for me is to visit the 15 priests, and the parishes they work at in Ecuador from Sept. 16-Oct. 15th. On October 15th, I travel to Cochabamba, Bolivia to take an intermediate Spanish course at the Instituto de Idiomas (that is if the civil unrest settles down in Bolivia by then). On December 2nd, I return to Ecuador to take my first assignment as an associate under a veteran pastor for probably six months.
The hardest part about going South was saying goodbye to my friends and family. Here is a photo of my family the morning before I left. God bless you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it safe and sound.

I'm proud of you Heiko! I think of and pray for you and the people you will serve often. Gosh, it's only been a few days, yet so much changes, no?

-Bill