Thursday, September 18, 2008

Welcome & Introduction














I have now officially joined the Missionary Society of St. James the Apostle, serving in Ecuador. On Tuesday, September 16th, at 1:0am, I arrived in Guayaquil two hours late. After Fr. Colm Hogan picked me up, we drove two hours into the wilderness to the beautiful coastal retreat house in Ayanque owned by the St. James Society for their monthly meeting. On Wednesday, I began my parish visitations starting at Fr. Frank Jones' parish in San Francisco on the Northern part of Guayaquil, one of the newer squatter towns (invasion area). This top photo is the chapel at the retreat house.


This next photo is the beginning of a series of photos from Fr. Frank's parish, "Jesus, Pan de Vida" in the San Francisco squatter suburb.




The next photo is the neighborhood (suburb) where his parish is located.

No comments: