Tuesday, January 27, 2009

An Ending & A New Beginning

Sorry, I haven’t updated this blog in awhile. I am doing pretty well.
I wanted to let you know about what’s been going on, but wanted to meet with my Archbishop first. I’ve asked for a leave of absence. I am not quitting at this point, but taking time out from active ministry to more earnestly discern what I need to do.
This does not involve scandal, nor was was I asked to leave, and am not doing this under any pressure, but under my own volition.
I’ve been thinking about this & discussing this with those close to me for some time.
I’m thankful for 13 years of priestly ministry, there have been many joys mixed with sorrows. I’ve been struggling in priestly ministry, and want to discern whether I want to continue or not, and if I want to continue, in what fashion that might be.
About going to South America with the St. James Society, I was struggling with my issues even before I went down there, and I realized I wouldn’t be able to work through my issues so far away from my support structure.
I am working with a counselor that I highly respect.
Part of my discernment might include backing away from Church related activities.
My faith is still a vital part of my life, and will continue going to Mass regularly.
I’m living with my parents and friends for the time being, and as this is stressful for them, the best way to contact me is by my email. Don’t be surprised by a slow response time.
At this point, this may be my last posting on this blog.
I ask for your prayers as I discern on my next steps. Thank you for prayerful support, and for following my adventures.

No comments: