Monday, November 24, 2008

Christ the King Weekend, in belly of the king!

On Christ the King weekend, I got to visit the Eastern most outpost of the Inca Empire with 8 others from the Institute, at an Inca fortress named Incallajta (below). It is Bolivia's largest Inca ruins. The top picture is "Cristo de la Concordia." It is Cochabamba's central figure, standing on a hill that can be seen from all parts of town. It is the "Largest Image in the world." He stands at 46 meters tall (the Statue of Liberty is only 40 meters tall). He is taller than his likeness in Rio de Janiero. I went there with my Bolivian brother, Oscar on the Feast of Christ the King. It was nice, I went to Mass, received Communion, and had Jesus in my belly, then I entered, and climbed the stairs within the statue, and found myself in the belly of Christ!

No comments: